Farmland to Lakes

Farmland to Lakes...

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Crockpot Oats

Crockpot Oatmeal

2 cups Steel Cut Oats (Irish Oats)
8 cups water
Little salt
Chopped Dried Apricots
Craisins

Put all together into your crockpot on low before you go to bed.
Wake up to a large pot full of delicious oats!
Store the leftovers in the fridge for a quick breakfast each morning!
Since I am the only one that eats oatmeal regularly in my family, I have a full week of breakfast I don't have to cook - just heat up!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Um, sounds good. I'm going to try that. . . .tonight!! (Dru)

Karen said...

Would sound good if I ate oatmeal...Some of my family does though so I should try it. I wonder if I could just dump in a bunch of little packets & some water....

Wanda said...

I don't know how well regular/instant oatmeal would do - Steel cut oats require a longer cooking time - but you could always try!