Farmland to Lakes

Farmland to Lakes...

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Refreshing Lemonade

As the hot summer weather approaches, it is the time of year to gather up those key ingrediants for refreshing drinks!
You want to be able to stir up something cold to drink at a moments notice!
You know,  those days after you've been working in the flowerbeds or garden and you are ready to sit on the porch!
The kids have been playing outside and now they are hot and thirsty!

First of all, let me say our #1 drink is  WATER!!!!

We drink lots of water!  Over the years I've learned the benefits of water.
Our bodies need water to function properly!
I make sure to choose water as my main thirst quencher,  but sometimes I get in the mood for something with a little flavor!
That's when I turn to some of my old favorites.

Homemade Lemonade:

1 Cup Lemon juice (Fresh squeezed lemons are the best, if you have a juicer,  I just use ReaLemon)
2 Cups white sugar
1 Gallon Cold Water

Measure lemon juice and sugar directly into a Gallon Pitcher.
Add water and stir.

Simple and refreshing!
This recipe is a great one for kids to make!
Here are our little Lemonade makers tonight!
Alabama and her friend Katelyn














2 comments:

rachelslab said...

Getting caught up on your last few posts. Alabama looks SO big and grown up in that pic! wow! Hopefully we can see everyone this summer. Once a year isn't enough. Aleah loves the picture book you made her and she was pointing to "uncle Jeff" a lot the other day.

Rhonda said...

that's a great idea to have the kids make lemonade! :)