Farmland to Lakes

Farmland to Lakes...

Monday, May 16, 2011

Lancaster County Greetings!

For those of you who are lucky to live near Wendy, consider yourself very blessed!  I miss her, alot!  We have resorted to telephone calls to keep in touch - and sometimes they happen every day, twice and day, and sometimes, it goes weeks before we talk.  Today was a twice a day, day.  We have lots of recipes we want to share with each other - things we try on our own and want to share with the other. 

We might as well post them here so others can benefit, eh?  (That is something I learned off of my Canadian relatives =)  I've learned a lot about the North since my sister moved there.  We have visited several times - hmmm I would guess at least 4 times - in the past 10 years.  Our visits are getting fewer and farther between as our children become more and more active and we vacation in different places.... =(

I have asked myself many times why God would have led Wendy to such a far away place.  You know, she could have moved even 8 hours away and I would have a better chance of seeing her regularly.  But the trip to Red Lake, Ontario, from Lancaster, Pennsylvania, takes us two monstrous 15 hour days of driving!  That is not a trip you take on the spur of the moment... sigh.  I wish.  But alas, we are where we are, we might as well make the most of it!

So we have chosen to share some of it with you all.  Welcome to my little corner of the world, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, home of the Horse and Buggies, rolling farm land, Amish and various Mennonite groups, and lots of people, just like you - I know Wendy misses the farming community, so I will probably post lots of pictures of what I have of my area I live in.  Be blessed!

Wanda

Chicks we hatched - we are raising for meat (They don't look like this anymore!)

One of our goats - which we got rid of since it was quite loud!

One of our new ladies on our hobby farm


Introducing my kids - Mary Jane, James, Corina and Madison

3 comments:

Wendy Yutzy said...

thanks for posting! Looks like fun!

Jenni said...

Hi Wanda! That's really neat that you two are blogging together! Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Hey Wanda,glad to see you on here with Wendy. I know that it won't make you feel much better, but Wendy has been such a blessing to us and even though we have moved away from R.L. she continues to be a very wonderful daughter to us. She has brought lots to the family. But we do understand the long distance and why you wish that she was closer. So do we now!
Jim Yutzy